Healthy and Learning
Providing high-quality health programs in school is the most direct, efficient way to assure that all children get the help they need to lead healthy and productive lives.
Students perform better when they show up for class, healthy and ready to learn. The Teen Health Center brings the doctor’s office to the school so students avoid health-related absences and get support to succeed in the classroom. An advisory board consisting of community representatives, parents and youth, provide input and guidance for services provided.
Our Child and Adolescent Health Centers:
– Provide a comprehensive range of health services*
– Employs a healthcare team comprised of a mid-level provider, medical assistant, dental hygienist, dentist, behavioral health therapist and program coordinator trained in adolescent health
*Call to schedule an appointment or to find out more about how we may serve you.
- Acute care and chronic disease management
- EPSDT/Well child exams
- HIV and STD prevention and services
- Dental services
- Health Education
- Medicaid outreach and enrollment
- Behavioral Health services
*Only services that are allowed under Michigan’s School Code will be provided. The school health center will not provide abortion counseling or services, or make referrals for abortion services. The health center will not prescribe, dispense, or otherwise distribute family planning drugs and/or devices on school grounds.
Students ages 10-21 can enroll for services in our Grant and White Cloud locations. In Baldwin, students ages 5-21 may enroll. A parental consent authorizes students to access services when needed.
Providing quality, integrated and comprehensive health care services that are accessible to all.
Bringing health care to schools for student success.