Throughout my life I have offered open-minded acceptance, being there without judgment and making space for uncomfortable emotions. After being a teacher for ten years, I made the switch to counseling in order to mesh my life approach with my professional world. I am excited to be part of a team that helps people find wellness and uncover resilience.
- Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Western Michigan University
- Certificated Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals
- Masters in Educational Leadership from Grand Valley State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Completed Level I Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
Connecting (and re-connecting) with others has been a big source of healing for me personally over the past couple of years. Making that effort is difficult, and it is often easier not to try… But I encourage people to seek out and then truly value those connections that help us heal.
Life Outside of the Practice
Recently moving to Cadillac from Grand Rapids, I am enjoying being back “up north,” as I love to mountain bike, hike, and camp. I also love music and try to get to live shows as often as possible.