Safe, Personalized Care for You and Your Family
We know there is a lot of uncertainty during the COVID-19 pandemic. We feel health care should not be one of them. That’s why we are dedicated to providing our patients services in a safe environment while still providing personalized care.
You may notice some changes at our clinics like all staff wearing masks, COVID screening at the entrance and social distancing in the lobby to know a few.
What Can I Expect Coming to a Clinic?
Our staff is ready to serve you! Before entering the clinic, if you haven’t already, you will need to complete our COVID-19 screening.
Everyone, including staff, is required to wear a mask when entering our clinics. While you may not see our smile, know we are happy to see you. Cloth face masks are allowed for patients.
Large, red stickers are placed on the floor in our waiting areas to help promote social distancing. Chairs have been placed at least 6 feet apart. We have also removed all magazines and brochures.
What if I Don't Have a Mask?
No mask, no worry! Our staff will be happy to provide you with one.
Can I see My Provider for Routine Medical and Dental Appointments?
Yes! We are now able to offer routine care for medical and dental appointments. Please call the office nearest you today.
Telehealth services are now available for non-life threatening medical concerns, behavioral health appointments and urgent dental needs. For more information, contact the Family Health Care office nearest you.
Curbside pickup service for those needing medications is available at all locations. For community members 60 and older, on our MedSync program, we now offer delivery within a 10-mile radius from our pharmacies in Baldwin, Cadillac, Grant and White Cloud. Please call your local FHC pharmacy if you need refills or have a prescription to pick up.
Baldwin, Grant and White Cloud locations: Pharmacy is now open to the entry of those who have been screened at the main clinic entrance. Masks are required. Hours of operation for pharmacies are:
- Baldwin: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday closed.
- Cobb Street (Cadillac): Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday closed.
- Grant: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (Curbside Only), 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- White Cloud: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (Curbside Only) 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All FHC medical clinics are open, including the Child & Adolescent Health Centers (CAHCs) at Grant Middle School, White Cloud High School, and Baldwin Elementary. The CAHCs are open to all patients up to 21 years of age. If you have a scheduled medical appointment, staff will attempt to call you before the appointment to complete a mandated COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Medical Hours of Operation Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No late hours or Saturdays.
CHILD & ADOLESCENT HEALTH CENTERS (CAHC)
The centers located in Baldwin Elementary School, Grant Middle School and White Cloud High School are open to all patients up to 21 years of age.
- CAHC Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Offices are now open for most dental and hygiene appointments.
- Baldwin – (231) 745-2736
- Big Rapids (open Thursday & Friday only) – (231) 527-7264
- Cadillac – (231) 876-6505
- Grant – (231) 834-9750
- White Cloud – (231) 689-1608
Dental Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Open for in-office consultations and telehealth visits at all main clinics and Child & Adolescent Health Care Centers (White Cloud High School, Grant and Baldwin Middle School locations).
- Behavioral Health Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- CAHC locations: hours will vary, call to request availability and schedule an appointment for telehealth or in clinic.
Prescription contacts and eye glasses that were ordered will be available for curbside pickup by appointment only.
- Mammography (White Cloud and Baldwin): Closed until further notice.
- Ultrasound and X-Ray Currently taking appointments.