For FREE HELP reviewing your options, call us at:
Special Enrollment Period for the Health Insurance Marketplace!
Due to the COVID-19 emergency, you now have from February 15 through August 15, 2021 to enroll in or change your Health Insurance Marketplace!
What You Need to Know
- The COVID-19 Special Enrollment Period has been extended to August 15, 2021.
- New subsidies are provided to reduce the cost of premiums for everyone, including current or newly enrolled beneficiaries.
- These reductions ARE NOT AUTOMATIC for those currently enrolled.
- To take advantage of significant savings, log in to your HealthCare.gov account and update your 2021 application.
- If you do not update your application now, you will receive the tax credits at the end of the year when you file your income tax return.
- During this Special Enrollment Period, you may also choose a different health care plan.
- Tax credits will now be available to anyone earning over 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- New subsidies will become available in early July for those who have received unemployment benefits anytime during 2021.
Learn more by visiting https://www.healthcare.gov/coronavirus/
For many Michigan residents, the Healthy Michigan Plan is another option for obtaining health insurance that meets the Minimum Essential Coverage requirements of the Affordable Care Act. Eligibility for this plan is also based on household size and income, and having an offer of employer coverage does not disqualify you or your family. It is available to anyone who meets the following guidelines:
- Between the ages 19 – 64 and a resident of Michigan
- Modified Adjusted Gross Income at or below 133 percent of the federal poverty level for the current tax year
- Do not qualify for and are not enrolled in Medicare or other Medicaid programs
- Are not pregnant at the time of application (pregnant women and children qualify for other Medicaid programs)
For more information visit healthymichiganplan.org.
If you have an abnormal Pap test, and your insurance doesn’t completely pay for additional tests, this program can help!
Who can qualify? Women must be 40 years of age or older, meet specific income requirements and can be either insured or uninsured to be eligible for help.
If you have insurance and you have a deductible that you must pay before receiving services, or your insurance doesn’t completely cover your follow-up care, our navigators can provide help in paying for these follow-up exams.
Please contact us before receiving treatment so you can be screened and enrolled to ensure your treatment will be covered.
Services at NO COST include:
- Pelvic exam/Pap Smear
- Client education
- Follow-up, if abnormal results
Who is eligible?
- Women between the age of 40 and 64
- No insurance or insurance with a high deductible plan
- Income limited