Outreach Specialists at Family Health Care are certified to assist community members with navigating the Health Insurance Marketplace. If you are uninsured or under-insured, contact us today for FREE Help!
For many Michigan residents, the Healthy Michigan Plan is another option for obtaining health insurance that meets the Minimum Essential Coverage requirements of the Affordable Care Act. Eligibility for this plan is also based on household size and income, and having an offer of employer coverage does not disqualify you or your family. It is available to anyone who meets the following guidelines:
- Between the ages 19 – 64 and a resident of Michigan
- Modified Adjusted Gross Income at or below 133 percent of the federal poverty level for the current tax year
- Do not qualify for and are not enrolled in Medicare or other Medicaid programs
- Are not pregnant at the time of application (pregnant women and children qualify for other Medicaid programs)
For more information visit healthymichiganplan.org.
If you have an abnormal Pap test, and your insurance doesn’t completely pay for additional tests, this program can help!
Who can qualify? Women must be 40 years of age or older, meet specific income requirements and can be either insured or uninsured to be eligible for help.
If you have insurance and you have a deductible that you must pay before receiving services, or your insurance doesn’t completely cover your follow-up care, our navigators can provide help in paying for these follow-up exams.
Please contact us before receiving treatment so you can be screened and enrolled to ensure your treatment will be covered.
Services at NO COST include:
- Pelvic exam/Pap Smear
- Client education
- Follow-up, if abnormal results
Who is eligible?
- Women between the age of 40 and 64
- No insurance or insurance with a high deductible plan
- Income limited